14th Judicial District Attorney
(Grand, Moffatt, Routt)
Bad Check Restitution Program

Brett Barkey, District Attorney



Filing a Report

Why it Works


Acceptance Tips

Form Download

File Check(s) Online

Contact Us

Merchant Login


Filing a Report: Step by Step

  1. Make personal contact with the check writer; if you are unsuccessful, send a courtesy notice. The check writer has 15 days to respond and remit payment.Sample Courtesy Notice

  2. If you do not hear from the check writer or receive payment, click on “form download” for a printable bad check crime report form or go to sign up to file a check online or if your already have a login click here to file your check on line with the program.

  3. Fill out the crime report form, attach originals or legal copies (you retain photocopies) of all checks and notification documents, such as return receipts and bank notices and mail to:

Victim Services, Inc. Mail Processing
14th Judicial District Attorney
Bad Check Restitution Program
P.O. Box 658
Denver, CO 80201-0658
(postal address only)

If you do not receive restitution within 90 days, contact the 14th Judicial District Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program at 1-866-643-3140.